Completing a jigsaw puzzle is a rewarding experience, but displaying it can be a challenge. One popular way to showcase your completed puzzle is to frame it. Framing your puzzle can give it a professional and polished look, and it’s a great way to preserve your hard work. If you’re wondering how to frame a jigsaw puzzle, keep reading. In this post, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide to help you create a beautiful and lasting display.
- Step 1: Choose Your Frame The first step is to choose the right frame for your puzzle. You can purchase a ready-made frame from a craft store or online, or you can have a custom frame made to fit your puzzle. Make sure you choose a frame that’s deep enough to accommodate the thickness of your puzzle.
- Step 2: Mount Your Puzzle Once you have your frame, the next step is to mount your puzzle. You can use puzzle glue or adhesive sheets to attach your puzzle to a backing board. This will make it easier to frame and will help prevent the puzzle from shifting or falling apart over time.
- Step 3: Measure and Cut Your Mat If you want to add a mat to your frame, measure your puzzle and cut a mat that’s slightly larger than your puzzle. You can use a mat cutter or have the mat cut at a framing shop. A mat can add a professional look to your framed puzzle and can also help protect it from dust and debris.
- Step 4: Frame Your Puzzle Now it’s time to put everything together. Place the backing board with the puzzle attached into the frame, making sure it’s centered. If you’re using a mat, place it on top of the puzzle and attach it to the backing board using tape or adhesive. Finally, place the glass or plexiglass over the top of the puzzle and secure it in place with the frame’s clips or tabs.
- Step 5: Hang Your Framed Puzzle Once your puzzle is framed, you can hang it on the wall or display it on a shelf. Make sure you choose a location that’s away from direct sunlight and moisture, as these can damage your puzzle over time.
In conclusion, framing a jigsaw puzzle is a simple and rewarding way to showcase your hard work. By following these steps, you can create a beautiful and lasting display that you can enjoy for years to come. So why wait? Start framing your puzzles today!